Margaritte is a 16-year old girl of mixed heritage – Apache, Chickasaw, Cherokee, and white. She lives in the underprivileged town of Idaho Springs, Colorado, and deals with an alcoholic father and an ineffectual mother in addition to the pressures of trying to avoid becoming a statistic. The author speaks with an authentic voice that penetrates, that reveals the depth of the difficulties that Margaritte faces as she works for a future that is a future and not just a repeat of being trapped in the cycle of poverty that plagues Native Americans. Margaritte is a very accessible character. The writing is raw and doesn’t hold any punches, so you understand exactly what Margaritte’s life is like and how difficult her chosen goals are. I recommend this book for young adults and adults both. It’s good, and thought-provoking.
Laura is Louisiana born and raised, and now lives in the Greater Washington DC Metropolitan area, where she landed after forays to Hawaii, Florida, Texas, and Colorado. She has a BA in Political Science, an MS in Project Management, and an MS in Information Systems Security, but that's only because she failed to find a program in Voracious Book Consumption.
She dreams of writing a terrible paranormal romance one day, but knows that chances are slim she'll actually get there. Meanwhile she works in Cybersecurity and enhances her crazy cat lady skillz.
She is still not a robot. But then a robot would say that, right?
Permanent link to this article: http://www.thefrumiousconsortium.net/2015/01/22/crazy-horses-girlfriend-by-erika-t-wurth/
- Al Singh
- Doug Merrill
- Doreen Sheridan
- Ed Ott
- John Pitzel
- Lars N. Goldschlager
- L.M. Davenport
- Laura Eilers
- Maou Tsaou
- Professor X
- Robert Maedgen
- Sylvere Ap Leanan
- The Shire
- Black Sun (Between Earth and Sky #1) by Rebecca Roanhorse October 19, 2020
- A Golden Fury by Samantha Cohoe October 16, 2020
- An Interview with J. S. Barnes, author of Dracula’s Child October 15, 2020
- The Fallen Hero (The Dragon Warrior #2) by Katie Zhao October 13, 2020
- Greensmith by Aliya Whiteley October 12, 2020
- The Dragon Warrior (The Dragon Warrior #1) by Katie Zhao October 9, 2020
- An Interview with Sharon Doering, author of She Lies Close October 8, 2020
- Machine: A White Space Novel (White Space #2) by Elizabeth Bear October 6, 2020
- Daddy Daughter Day by Isabelle Bridges-Boesch & Jeff Bridges October 5, 2020
- Door into the Dark by Seamus Heaney October 4, 2020